Dr. Andrei A. Slavnov
Curator of ScholarpediaCurator Index: 1
Steklov Mathematical Institute, Moscow, Russia
Prof. Andrei Alexeevich Slavnov (Андрей Алексеевич Славнов)
- Born in Moscow, 22.12.1939.
- Graduated with honour from Physical Faculty of Moscow state University at 1962.
- PhD course at Steklov Mathematical Institute (Moscow) 1962-1965. PhD (1965).
- Since June 1965 working at Steklov Mathematical Institute, Moscow. Junior researcher, senior researcher, principal researcher.
- Since 1992 head of Department of Quantum Field Theory (at present Department of Theoretical Physics) of Steklov Mathematical Institute.
- Since 1991 also Chair of Theoretical Physics at Moscow State University.
- Doctor of Science (1972).
- Professor of Physics (1981).
- Corresponding member of Academy of sciences of USSR (at present Russian Academy of sciences) since 1987 till 2000. At 2000 elected a full member of Russian Academy of sciences.
- First deputy editor of the journal Theoretical and Mathematical Physics (Russia).
- Rapporteur at the International Conferences on High Energy Physics (1976, 1983).
- Lecturer and speaker at numerous international schools and conferences.
- Recipient of the State Prize of Russia in science (1995).
- Holder of Humboldt Research Award (1999).
- Recipient of the Fock Prize of the Russian Academy of Sciences (2007).
- Numerous papers in scientific journals.
- Main research interests: Quantum field theory, gauge fields, supersymmetry, renormalization, nonperturbative methods in quantum field theory, lattice models.
- Gauge fields. Introduction to quantum theory. Moscow, Nauka, 1978. Benjamin, 1980. Second edition, revised and enlarged. Moscow, Nauka 1988. Benjamin, 1990.