Help talk:Frequently Asked Questions
Five minor typographical errors on your Scholarpedia FAQ page
I’m a longtime Wikipedia contributor who is interested in making occasional edits to Scholarpedia, initially limited to grammar, punctuation and spelling. I have also made many volunteer contributions to Tatoeba.org, Duolingo.com and Distributed Proofreaders. I am a professional editor employed by the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia, but I would make any such suggested edits on my own behalf in a spirit of kindness, never of malice. I'm posting here because my email to <firstname.lastname@example.org> bounced back to me, presumably having been considered spam.
I’ve found minor errors in five sections of the Help: Frequently Asked Questions page: <http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Help:Frequently_Asked_Questions>:
- under Section 1.1, you use three hyphens in a row, which should be corrected to an em dash.
- under Section 1.2, the same error is repeated, where again, three hyphens should be an em dash.
- under Section 3.2, per the website https://www.grammarbook.com/grammar/whoever.asp, «whomever», being used as the subject of «approves an article», should be corrected to «whoever».
- under Section 3.9, the phrase «we have decide» should be corrected to «we have decided».
- under Section 5.1, in two places you use two hyphens in a row where an em dash should be used instead.
As I do not have editing privileges, I hope that a recognized Scholarpedia editor can make the recommended edits instead.